wisswee: so the guy tammy's sleeping with
wisswee: is SO cute
rainybluesky: rape him!
rainybluesky: oh wait.... they don't like that
rainybluesky: i believe someone is spraying one of those cans of computer air thingies
rainybluesky: and i actually spoke out loud, with quite a lot of hope, "is there a spaceship in here?"
insunlight: you would fit in well at pcmag
rainybluesky: i know that someday my prince will come... and carry me away with his Supersonic 3000 JetPack Ultratm
i thought i was done with college. i guess not.
most of my time in college was spent working on yearbook. or newspaper. or hanging out with my boyfriend. or watching tv and movies. or surfing the net. or going to concerts.
notice none of the above is "studying" or "writing papers", which is what i'm supposed to be doing right now.
anyway, here's a cute little sad video i found - enjoy, whomever reads this blog.
so yesterday night, i was disappointed to discover that the left earbud of my ipod earphones had broken, so it the ampflifying cap was all dangly. fortunately, it still worked, so i was like, no prob, i'll crazy glue it.
as expected, for a brief moment i glued my finger to it, but that was expected and i painfully peeled it off.
but then i was worried that i glued it wrong and the audio wasn't gonna work and it'd be too late... so i plugged it into my mini and tested it.
while the glue was STILL WET... and yes, i got a earphone stuck in my ear.
... i'll wait for everyone to catch their breath from laughing like a loon.
and although many of you hope that this story goes on, i'm sorry to disappoint and say that i peeled it out and spent the night picking at the dried glue flakes off my ear.
WissWee: i had such a crush on this guy
rainybluesky [looks at picture]: he's cute
WissWee: and he's the sweetest guy ever
rainybluesky: sweet guys are nice
rainybluesky: i personally am attracted to jerks who occasionally act sweet
WissWee: semi sweet?
rainybluesky: yes... semi sweet... like chocolate
WissWee: i like chocolate
- Guest star Elisha Cuthbert - fairly standard, they often use guest stars (Muppets, Hugh Hefner, the Fonz)
- Weezer - "r" = Weeze. Does the "r" = Rivers? In the first place, Weezer = Rivers, because he named the band after himself (childhood nickname due to asthma).
- Is Elisha a fan of Weezer? (a la is she deserving of this guest star spot, or was she picked because she is the latest hot thing within their price range)
- Was Elisha channeling Lindsey Lohan/Ashlee Simpson/Hilary Duff with the mussed hair and dark eye shadow and predictable stage performance?
- Who's luckier, Rivers getting Elisha to dance around him, or Elisha getting Rivers to protect him from a mob?
- When Rivers starts to sing in front of the Elisha's closed door, he looks so sad. He really knows how to play the sad puppy dog thing. but really, it's the only look he ever has.
- Something wasn't right... it wasn't until the third viewing that i realized that Rivers isn't wearing his glasses. =(
- How cool am I to predict that this would be their next single?
- When Elisha gets replaced by Rivers -- is that saying that Rivers could easily be replaced? Only a man can do the job? Did they get this idea from a long-suffering groupie? That Gwen isn't the only one who can rock at a No Doubt concert?
- When Scott Shriner was yelling at Elisha the Rock Star, was he channeling some hidden anger towards Rivers?
- Rivers the Bodyguard/Assistant essentially betrays and deserts Elisha the Rock Star -- but earlier in the video he looks like he's in L-O-V-E with her. this just made me sad.
- What is the video trying to tell us? Is Rivers a prima donna? Yes, we know he is. but does he go to the extreme divaness protrayed by Elisha? Is he self-mocking, or did the director make him do this? (rumor is that he didn't really like the "Beverly Hills" video concept)
- Freshly added onto my list of things that sucks I moved here is that I was invited to a casting call of this video and I didn't go. When I was invited it wasn't that big of a deal, but now I'm damn bummed.
I've decided that Elisha was luckier.
Originally uploaded by insunlight.
too bad it sounds like a std.
and now is when i normally start singing some burt bacharach song. but enough of that. my question really is, what can you do when a man in a wheelchair sexually molests you.
i was waiting for the bus in union square, the day before my birthday, happy as a clam (well, not a clam, because i actually had a pretty blah day at work) and i briefly see a man in a wheelchair standing near the whole foods behind me.
then about 10 minutes later or so, i feel something brush against my crotch area near the back. thinking it's maybe just some accident, i turn around irritaed, to see the man sitting behind me. and then he LICKS his finger! disgusting. people are disgusting. i was so appalled (yes, i finally have use for that word) that i just said, "what the fu-" but couldn't even finish. so gross. so digusting. so creepy. ugh.
and then, he wheeled away.
i really wanted to kick him and shove his wheelchair into the busy busy street, but seeing that he was disabled, it seemed wrong. heck, even if he wasn't in a wheelchair, i probably wouldn't have done anything either, because i was so appalled. the man also looked like he could be mentally disabled, so i don't even think i want to go there. but if he wasn't (and even if he was) it makes me mad to think that first of all, he could think that he could get away with that, and second of all, if he's using his disability to get away with it, that's even more f-ed up.
but it's over and done with. the only reason why i'm even blogging it is because everyone i tell the story to, they keep telling me to blog it. so i'm blogging it. i've been harassed before in the big sparkly city before, but that was the first time i wanted to go home to cali.
but instead, i went home and took a shower. or threw up. or tangoed a bit. i don't remember, because i like to block things. really, it's the best way to get through life.
sometimes i get really embarassed for fobs. these guys aren't even fobs, they're probably students at some chinese university. but then i watch some more and really, they're pretty good.
although the exasperated roommate in the background is a nice touch in the outtakes, i have to say that these guys did make me want to sing backstreet boys all over again like i was 17 years old again. i mean, 13 years old. nah, i'm just joshing you. i was singing to backstreet boys in my my little pony pajamas just yesterday night.
as many of you know, i'm a big fan of robots. movie robots, cartoon robots, real robots, weirdly enough, not battle bots, but most humanoid robots. robot dogs dont' really do it for me.
it's be a couple years and thefrown.com hasn't really made that many new animations =..( but i guess they're busy. Angrybot 2: Recess is their latest installment, but if you've never watched, enjoy my favorites tendertron and robokopf.
"flay me like a bad pony!"
in other news, jean sent me oddtodd, a site for people who are unemployed. or a site to watch until you become unemployed.
and thank you to everyone who posted to tell me they read this blog :)
give us some cuddles...
my friend bert is in a band, free rob g. it's named after him.
i thought i'd mention it, but then i realize that no one reads this post. oh well. life goes on.
tristan sent me this --
which i thought was wonderful until i realized that the shirt is incorrect, because it actually displays tracking.
too bad, because it's a cute jacket. understandably, "tracking" doesn't really fit well on the shirt, but we really need to put a stop to the confusion. we must not stand for this!
quick! learn more about kerning versus tracking! go to the streets and spread the news!
kerning is the spacing in between words. commonly used to justify paragraphs in newspapers.
t r a c k i n g, a s t h e j a c k e t d i s p l a y s, i s t h e s p a c e b e t w e e n c h a r a c t e r s t h e m s e l v e s. i n t h i s c a s e, w h i t e s p a c e s a r e a l s o c o n s i d e r e d c h a r a c t e r s.
i went to a gavin degraw and joss stone concert yesterday night. i found myself in a mosh pit there full of screaming 15-year-old girls because a sound check guy threw a already-opened water bottle into the crowd. traumatizing, really.
joss went on first, she's very good. the thing is, she gets like, too into it. it's almost creepy.
then gavin came on and he was great. amazing. as usual. before he started, some girls were talking about meeting him afterwards, and they were amazed that i had already and had seen him in concert 3 times. i was *so cool* and *so lucky*.
and i am, i know.
he sang a lot of new songs that i didn't recognize (yay! new album coming out!) but told all the same stories (still funny and adorable). and of course, he was wearing a hat.
- gavin talking about in the past, he'd basically stalked a girl and had fantasies of grandeur which involved him being her protector. then he wrote the song Cop Stop [song] [lyrics] and now ever girls fantasizes him in a uniform with cuffs.
- gavin and joss singing a duet to "Sexual Healing (Let's Get It On)" [song] -- and oh, did we all want to. it was like watching soft-core porn.
- joss singing, "ooh... let me see your moh...bile phones" (she wanted us to wave our damn phones. i didn't.)
one of my favorite pastimes is reading stupid stuff online.
another reason that your dog will one day turn to you and say in English "no more. no more." and then proceed to kill you.
they're finished with trees... they've moved on to your cars... next they'll be stuffing the orfices in your body. *shudder*
is my curiousity just morbid, but i myself not? am i curiously morbid - meaning, oddly; out-of-the-ordinarily morbid? or am one or both of the following: curious and morbid?
i stayed up until 6am yesterday reading the book stiff: the life and times of corpses by mary roach. it's really picked up. ask me anything about impact of bullets on dead bodies, or grafting a puppy dog head onto the neck of a full grown one, or the feasibility of head/brain transplants, or human canniibalism for reasons other than revenge or starvation. it's still fresh in my mind.
today i bought a firecracker popsicle and ate in it union square park while looking at the dog run. they were cute. too bad i didn't see this puppy though.
when i space out sometimes i think of my favorite scenes and most memorable quotes from futurama.
lugnuts! precious lugnuts!
i have no friends that really understand my devotion to show. and when i go to futurama posts, i get a little scared. why aren't they mid-way devotees like me?
.today i got up two hours early
..but then managed to leave the apartment late
...and then the train was delayed for 30 minutes
....and then i bumped into my boss coming out of the elevator
.....and then my computer wouldn't let me send/recieve any email
......and then my computer wouldn't me do anything!
.......and as far as i.t. thinks, i am not employed at scholastic.
i am a bum, and only because of a kindness of a manager (previous manager?) i am leeching their internet. and doing work, of course. but i wonder if i'm even getting paid... oh well. i like being here, typitty typitty typitty!
_The Ice Queen, Alice Hoffman
_Jane Austen Book Club, Karen Joy Fowler